Thursday, April 14, 2011
1. I really like the final piece, it's very colorful and I really like the shines on her face and shoulder.
2. I think this piece is successful, the colors work together well, and nothing's too harsh on the picture.
3. The only thing that doesn't work well is her profile, her mouth is just a big smudge with no real outline of her lips. What really worked in my opinion were the lines, without them the piece was very flat.
4. If I could do it again I would probably work a little more on the hair, it's very flat, but I did try to add some shines and highlights at the end.
5. The most difficult part was the red line, it wouldn't go around her finger without making a kink of some sort, it was very annoying to do.
6. I got into the hang of using layer masks to hide parts of the lines (I actually learned that from one of today's tutorials) as well as using the burn and dodge tool to make shadows and highlights.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
1. I like the piece, although I wish I could have done more with the stripes to make them look more realistic.
2. I think the piece is fairly successful, I would have liked for there to be more shine in the left eye, I didn't realize how small the shine that is there is.
3. I tried many different ways to do the nose, I tried some highlights yet those looked really bad, I also struggled with the stripes, making them look natural is very hard, and I don't think I did a very good job of that..
4. If I were to do it again, I wouldn't make it so wide, there's so much space that doesn't have much going on becides stripes, and it surprised me how wide a tiger's head is.
5. The most difficult part was the stripes, they look very painted on, they don't look very furry or realistic at all, I guess I blended them a bit too much and did them too quickly.
6. I learned some more about blending layers and smudging lines. I also learned more about making shadows and using the burn and dodge tool.