Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tiger Illustration

Free-hand drawn.
1. I like the piece, although I wish I could have done more with the stripes to make them look more realistic.
2. I think the piece is fairly successful, I would have liked for there to be more shine in the left eye, I didn't realize how small the shine that is there is.
3. I tried many different ways to do the nose, I tried some highlights yet those looked really bad, I also struggled with the stripes, making them look natural is very hard, and I don't think I did a very good job of that..
4. If I were to do it again, I wouldn't make it so wide, there's so much space that doesn't have much going on becides stripes, and it surprised me how wide a tiger's head is.
5. The most difficult part was the stripes, they look very painted on, they don't look very furry or realistic at all, I guess I blended them a bit too much and did them too quickly.
6. I learned some more about blending layers and smudging lines. I also learned more about making shadows and using the burn and dodge tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment