Monday, February 28, 2011
2. I think it's fairly sucessful, I probably would've liked it better if it had a little bit of light in the hair, but it's a dark fairy, so it's not too bad to have lots of black.
3. The flowing hair really worked for this project, but I wish i could've kept some of her face in there, it got covered up by the hair, but it wound up working out. What didn't work is the shadows on the ground, they just made it look like her dress kept going, which it didn't.
4. If I could try again, I would probably mess with the wings a little more, they don't quite look right at the moment, I would try different angles and maybe adjust the lighting on them.
5. The most difficult part, was figuring out what colors worked and what didn't. There were a few patches that would turn strange colors, like everything would be green and a few spots would be a bright pink color.
6. I learned how to adjust colors to my will, as well as how to make the outside of the person glow a certain color.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Friday, February 4, 2011
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Lots and lots of blue, as usual. I would've liked if there was something in the background, but nothing really worked there. I learned a little bit about using the threshold adjustment and the saturation tool. It was really hard deciding on a background for the piece, but black seemed to work well.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
The tutorial said to make it a greenish blueish color, but i decided that a blueish purplish color would be more mysterious. I really like how this turned out, and I learned alot while working on it. Probably the hardest part was finding a brush to do the swirls with, and doing the eyes. There's way too much glitter on the eyes.... haha.