Thursday, April 14, 2011

Final Illustration: Colors of Life

(That's the best hand I've ever drawn...)
1. I really like the final piece, it's very colorful and I really like the shines on her face and shoulder.
2. I think this piece is successful, the colors work together well, and nothing's too harsh on the picture.
3. The only thing that doesn't work well is  her profile, her mouth is just a big smudge with no real outline of her lips. What really worked in my opinion were the lines, without them the piece was very flat.
4. If I could do it again I would probably work a little more on the hair, it's very flat, but I did try to add some shines and highlights at the end.
5. The most difficult part was the red line, it wouldn't go around her finger without making a kink of some sort, it was very annoying to do.
6. I got into the hang of using layer masks to hide parts of the lines (I actually learned that from one of today's tutorials) as well as using the burn and dodge tool to make shadows and highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment